Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 2009

Wood Rot from water damage.

Starting the new frame work.
Gary checking out the frame work...kind of looks like a wooden Spider Web.


Here is one of the many reasons why we are re-building the trailer frame....major wood rot...But now it's at a point where the new frame supports can be added.
Gary is having to cut the wood down because all the sizing does not match today's sized wood. Plus he is having to re-create joints and supports...who knows, this little trailer may be around for another 50 years!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Grace! Gary is going to rebuild you some trailer! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see it all come together! LOL! I bet you to! Gracie's Victorian Rose is there, somewhere in there!!!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing..and to have a HANDY Honey too.......mine is not so handy~lol

    My 2nd trailer~Miss Louise E. Anna was given to me from a gal that had a burning desire to be a Sister too....she never got to fix her though. She moved out of the Country and GAVE....my little backyard beauty to me :)

    Can't wait to see more of your rebuild...love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've been there and on my way there with my little Tin Can Ham :D My Husband went almost that far with mine, and he is just now getting to the electrical stuff, have No origingal sink (well kinda, from a vintage supply/was an New Old stock Red one so Im letting that lead me with color choices, I have no stove, original or otherwise, so we are just adding a 2 burner electric castiron burnered one that I can put away and have more counter space, no refrig either, so that will be an electric prob white cube kind anyway, just wanted to say a Big Hi! To another Little Canned Ham Gal! I wished I lived closer to the West side of our lovely Country though! All You Lovely Gals are too far away from me here in Michigan! :( Best to you in your adventure, looks like 2nd one at that! maybe I can borrow some pointers from you later some time!:) Thanx, Christine The TinCan Cottage

    ReplyDelete