Monday, May 27, 2013

Catalog Trailer

I was perusing through a 1965 Montgomery Wards catalog when I came across this...
You could actually 'Order' a camping trailer from Montgomery Wards... (1965 catalog)
It did not list a Brand/Maker name...so I would guess MW would contract out with a trailer fabricator to make trailers... and maybe give it a name to be used by WM... kind of like Sears and Kenmore.
Which makes me wonder if that is why there are a lot of 'unknown' trailers out there.... as I have seen posts from people (on FaceBook) asking if anyone has any idea of the Brand/Maker of the trailer they are posting.
It seems a tad expensive but then again, that was 1965,,,
The catalog also sold 'Plans" for you to construct/build your own camping trailer.

Here we are, 2013, and catalogs have fallen by the way side and Montgomery Wards has fallen away completely.  Yep, times are changing....

2 comments:

  1. My father worked at Adventureline Mfg in Parsons, KS in the early/mid 1960s. He designed travel trailers that were sold to Montgomery Ward. I still have some of his original blueprints. If anyone in the southwest MO area has one of these trailers in good condition, I'd like to see it. Please contact me at lilacs4everr@gmail.com. Thank you, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lilacs4ever.. I am a bit slow at commenting on your comment to my blog ( 5/31/21 )
    Did anyone ever get in contact with you , that had a 1965 Montgomery Wards trailer?
    Just wondering..
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete