Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Newest Addition....

1963 Serro Scotty
Our newest trailer family member.



'Gracie's Victorian Rose' now has a little sister....

Ok, for those of you who know us, know that we are avid collectors,,,,and I do mean avid! From mixers and resin grapes to kitties...heeheehee....
While Gracie~girl is truly a labor of love and is moving along quite well in her restorations, she is still a work in progress...but my first Sisters on the Fly outing is less then 4 weeks away and she will barely be ready so we decided that since we were planning on a 2nd trailer, now would be as good a time as any to find one,,,and find one we did!
Our new baby is a 1963 Serro Scotty Sportsman 15' trailer. The body is in really good shape considering her age and just needs a good coat of interior paint, new cushions, faucet, door and flooring. Oh and the best part...it has a small closet that works perfect for a "Scotty Potty" lol!
So while I am cleaning, painting and sewing curtains & cushion covers like a mad women, Gary will be repairing the front door, lights and a window.
My next trip will be to the Camping supply store to buy a portable potty....hmmm wonder if Sears still carries them!
We will be bringing her home in a few days, by then we should be able to find the perfect name for her.
Gary has already said he wants one more trailer, one from the 1940's then we will have a 40's, 50's & 60's collection going...see I told you we are avid collectors... then the only dilemma will be which trailer to use on an outing! lol!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are more nuts then me!!!! That does look like a nice one and nearly ready to go, at least compared to your 50's one. And we won't even talk about mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you on my blog!

    Hugs...

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Gracie....another? How cute...and you two always need a project or six. I cannot wait to see how this one is decorated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Where do you find these treasures? I'm kind of unofficially looking for a vintage trailer (meaning my hubby doesn't know about it yet...!) I have a new trailer, but after my first outing with the Sisters, I'm ready to take the plunge into vintage! They are SO wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with her...

    ReplyDelete