Monday, September 3, 2012

Burlap Banner....

 Look what I made....a burlap banner..... I can't take credit for the idea of the burlap pennants(flags)... but the addition of the yoyos and homemade Bias Tape was all mine,,,
I was at a recent vintage show and spotted a lovely Vendor who had made little flags out of burlap... then she stenciled letters on them..... I would have loved to have bought some from her but I knew I had lots of burlap left over from the curtains that I had sewn for Farm~Girl on the Loose...aka..trailer #3.
I decided to use a felt marker and write on a separate piece of burlap....that way, if I decide to change the saying,,,I can just gently pull the added on burlap off. I used a fabric glue and just enough to hold the 'words' on. I decided to zigzag stitch around the edges of the flags.  I didn't like the look of plain old Bias Tape so I made my own out of some left over polka dotted fabric.
I think this will look cute inside or outside my sweet little trailer #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment