Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dogs & Dots

People always ask my why the 'Dog' on my trailer and I tell them, it's because my trailer is a 'Serro Scotty' and the Scotty Dog was the Logo of these wonderful mid-century trailers.... thus...the Scotty Dog mural.
I was able to find an image I liked (on the Internet) downloaded it, sized it up then traced it onto my trailer.
I used acrylic paint to paint my Scotty...It has lasted 3 years so far with no signs of fading or peeling.
 Then people ask about the Dots...and I say...just because I can! lol!  I love the whimsy of the Dots...and let's face it, how many vintage Scotty trailers do you see traveling down the freeway with Dots on it?
Once, while at a 'Truck/Rest Stop'...a big burly truck driver got out of his rig, walked over to me... and asked..."Can I take a picture of your trailer? It reminds me of the one we had when I was a kid,,,with out the Dots of course!"... I was most happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment