Monday, September 27, 2010

Portable Generators


Well, I'd love to show you some updated photos of my little "Farm Girl on the Loose", trailer #3 but she is in the middle of a Make-over...but while waiting I thought I would share my thoughts with you on Portable Generators...
This is what we have for use in case of an emergency, just strong enough to run a radio, lights and operate small appliances like a coffee maker or toaster over, laptop etc....
I have even taking it with me on "Dry Camping" trips where I had no access to electricity to run my lights & Laptop computer in my trailer.
This little gem is a good10 years old but runs like a champ. Runs on gasoline & oil and can run several days with modest use on (it's) a small tank of gas.
Not to large, tho it is a bit heavy, about 60lbs. I keep it stashed in the jeep when not in use and when in use I have it chained to the trailer so it can't grow feet & walk away.... It's not terribly noisy and like I said comes in handy when you don't have power....
We actually got it when we lived back in California, just in case we lost power due to an earth quake....at least we would be able to make a pot of coffee & heat up some chili while listening to the news...
There are different sizes, models, wattage etc. generators out there,,,,and all levels of prices...so it just depends on what your needs are.
And, if you have 3 trailers like me, it's less expensive to tote one of these then to have to have inverters/marine batteries& wiring done on all 3 trailers....plus you can use the portable generator for emergency situations....
Ok, now to get back out and work on trailer #3.....

No comments:

Post a Comment