Saturday, December 4, 2010

A TeePee

While stopping off at our little Market in town, I spotted this kool trailer at the Christmas Tree lot. It's called a "TeePee"....I am guessing mid to late 1960's...
Sure wish I could have gotten a peek inside.....
I am guessing the springs have been flipped so the trailer rides higher......
It is so cool looking, I love the scrolly iron work at each side of the front window.
Update on the TeePee Trailer.
I got to take a peek inside the other day,,,oh my! it is just dreadful how beat up it was inside....some one had ripped out the interior and slapped together 2 sets of makeshift bunk beds,,, It has or should I say had a front kitchen,,,stacked & cluttered & beat to crap! But the original "Burnt Orange" colored mid 60's stove/oven was still in there...the interior walls were ruined from years of moisture damage and the floor was scary! It had been used for a typical 'hunters trailer' over the years (reason for flipped springs) & then bought by the current owner to haul up into the forests of Montana to live in while cutting down Christmas trees and then as a temporary living quarters for the tree lot sales man.....I got the phone number of the trailer owner....maybe I will give him a call in the Spring when he might be interested in selling? Who knows.
And like I say...."Show No Fear!".....besides, maybe hubby will have trailer #3 done and I can talk him into another 'project'! lol!

12 comments:

  1. I sometimes miss living in our travel trailer, but I sure don't miss trying to light the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first thing I noticed also, Grace (the iron scollwork). Spotting these little gems is like spotting a handsome man walking down the street for us sisters isn't it, LOL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hubba-hubba with that fancy iron work! i too crane my neck when i see a trailer....i just get goofy! lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "maybe I will give him a call in the Spring when he might be interested in selling?"

    Are you insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spoken as only a husband would! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. at least the outside looks decent. maybe the guy will sell it and you can have fun with a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were you ever able to do any research on the TePee trailer? We just bought one and I am having trouble finding information. Wondering if you could help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tepee's were built by the Broken Arrow Mobilhome Manufacturing Co in Broken Arrow, OK
      Check out 1962 Tepee SWVCA
      I typed in " vintage teepee trailer and came up with lots of sites and photos.
      Enjoy your 'TePee' and let me know what you discover.
      Wagons HO!

      Delete
  8. Is this thread still alive??? I can't believe I found one....I havnow.
    Now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Sorry, I posted about the cute TeePee trailer I spotted near Spokane WA., back in 2010..
    So you have a vintage TeePee trailer? that is soooo kool!

    ReplyDelete