Friday, April 8, 2011

Scotty's New Re-Do!!!!!

I was so board with my old curtains in my Scotty, that I decided I needed a 're-do'... so I took out my touristy~tropical themed curtains and dug through my stash of fabric & this is what I came up with.....
I had bought the 'Galaxy Diner' fabric about 4 years ago, when I was living in SO. CAL., I had bought 2 yards,,,,just in case....a bad habit of mine...I buy fabric because I like it and think I might be able to put it to use someday...well that someday was today.....
The lining/backing is actually a sheet that I had bought at a local Thrift.

I crochet rag rugs from old sheets, so when I come across a sheet I buy it knowing it will make a great rug, backing for a quilt or some other project, in this case, as curtain backing. I paid $1.99 for the sheet, and still have oodles of fabric left....not a bad deal!

Now all I need to do is make 22 YoYos in a soft yellow fabric to attach on top of the curtain tabs.

You would think with all my fabric stash,,,I would have some yellow fabric...nope! not a scrap,,, I can't believe I am going to have to go buy a yard of yellow fabric! lol!

I can hardly wait for May, when my lil Scotty w/a potty comes out of the ManCave and goes on her 1st camping trip of the season.... Come on May!

3 comments:

  1. Grace these are darling!!!! I LOVE the ruffles! Can't wait to see the pics of them hanging up!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to email you do you have one? Thank you

    mine is lvdellaporta@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Grace very nice! I can't wait to dust my glamper off and hit the road soon.

    ReplyDelete