Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Life in a Nut Shell...

Sometimes my life feels like living in a Nut Shell... goodness knows,, I am a bit Nuts at times! lol!
But the best part is, I am not alone... my partner in crime, aka-husband shares that Nut Shell with me...

For example,,, I decided to be a vendor in our local Labor Day weekend Peddlers Faire... a 4 day event where you can try to sell your 'stuff'. and turn around and buy someone else stuff! lol!
 Joy of joys, I sold stuff and ended up with $415 cash in my pocket...

BUT...
on the last day, a guy approached hubby and I and told us he had an old Shasta out in his field that he would like to get rid of,, (here is where the $400 comes in)... I said Yes!  Hubby gave me that... "Oh No you don't " look,,,, long story short...
Look what followed us home,,, after we bought her a new set of tires...
1963 Shasta SCS

 hubby getting ready to jack her up and remove the rims and tires...
she even has her ear-Wings....
 here is the layout.... rear kitchen and a self contained shower and potty. Ours has a short table between the twin beds.
 She made it home to be lovingly fussed over.... and cleaned up.
 The outside of the oven/stove is grey and as you can see, the inside looks to never have been used other then to catch 52 years of dirt/dust.
 I love the original lights.
 this one is over the table.
 Love the iconic "S", Shasta's trademark.
I was told the original colors for this model and year was grey and pink... and the counter looks to be either a pale blue or very light mint green...
We chipped away some exterior paint and found what also looks to be either a very pale blue or uber light mint,,, and you can see the (barely) image of the "V" in front and the "Z" stripes down the sides...
Oh the fun we will have bringing her back to life... For the most part she needs elbow grease, sanding and varnish, new cushions & curtains....
We only found one issue of concern and that was in the bottom corner behind the potty... which will probably have to get into and put new wood...
If the plumbing and electrical get to complicated we'll take her to the RV shop to be repaired,,, but for now it's time to clean her out, and make our (by importance) "To-Do" list for repairs...
I will try to remember to post pics along the way....
Just what we need! another trailer! lol!
Silver Streak 1965
Serro Scotty 1963
Viking Cub Cruiser 1949
Shasta 16SCS  1963...
What next? lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment